Independent digital filmmaker
What is an Independent Digital Filmmaker?
Independent Digital Filmmakers embrace digital technologies, combining and colliding them to advance creativity and to enhance and develop their craft.
They are highly skilled at deploying digital solutions to problems and in innovative interpretation of concepts. They work in all visual media fields, and are not encumbered by traditional borders.
What will I be doing?
- working with producers and creative teams in visualising a concept
- envisioning scripts
- constructing narratives for diverse media
- utilising a range of digital tools in the construction of innovative creative productions
- working with small crews (or alone) in capturing images for digital manipulation
- working with platform designers in stretching and developing the medium.
What skills do I need?
- an excellent grasp of technological possibilities
- strong constructional ability
- willingness to experiment with digital technology
- strong ability to explore multi-platform potential
- a ‘why not’ attitude
- an understanding of past modes of production and the will to go beyond them
- a good understanding of the contemporary media landscape.