What is an exhibition designer?
In a nutshell, exhibition designers create visual displays to
attract and entice clients/consumers to a display for a range of events.
The event display could be for:
- an outdoors event, such as an air show or agricultural event
- gallery or museum display
- large-scale public exhibitions
- in-store promotion
- mobile and travelling exhibitions.
What will I be doing?
Roles and responsibility vary according to the project, but typically work involves:
- developing ideas, according to client requirements
- producing drawings and mock-ups for approval
- pitching ideas to clients
- projecting costs
- ordering the relevant material components
- overseeing the production of the display.
What skills do I need?
- competence for technical drawing
- confident use of IT, including specialist design related packages
- a good eye for colour and texture
- comfortable working with clients
- attention to detail.